REI Virtual Cooking Challenge
October 5, 2021
Online streaming from Alishan
REI is cooking up a delicious challenge for you!
You have five ingredients to prepare your best dish. Are you up for the challenge?
Please register by 26 September 2021.
You can check out the video from the previous Cooking Challenge here.
The Virtual Cooking Challenge
Throughout the past year we have had to reinvent the way we work, go to school, socialize, and do many other things.
In this challenge, REI calls upon you to think outside the box and REInvent another activity – the way you cook! Participants must prepare a dish that will not be judged on taste, but on imaginativeness and resourcefulness. How creative can you get to win over the judges when they can’t actually try your dish?
All proceeds go to the projects we support – for refugees, by refugees. Let’s test our creativity and expand our limits while making a difference. Kindness is a dish best served warm!
- You will be given a box of five ingredients
- Visualize your best dish from the given ingredients and bring it to life! You are only allowed to use salt, pepper, oil, and one canned item from your cupboard as optional additional ingredients.
Test your creativity – there will be awards for Presentation, 0 Waste, and Best Overall.
How to participate
- Fill in your information and make a contribution of ¥5,000 (¥1,000 covers cost and ¥4,000 is donation to REI) by Sunday 26 September.
- We will send you a box with the ingredients required to cook your dish.
- Submit a picture of your cooked dish, the recipe, and a short description of your cooking inspiration. Deadline for submissions is Sunday 3 October.
- Sit back, relax, and stream the live show from our generous host Alishan on Tuesday 5 October where participants will show off their skills and we will announce the winners! First prize is a night stay in Deluxe King room with 2 breakfasts at the Tokyo EDITION, Toranomon.
For additional fun
- Compete for the most likes!
- Post a picture of your completed dish on social media and use the hashtag #TBC